We will discuss the controls of the camera as well as the user interface, and show you how to operate your camera.
Who should take this course: This course is intended for users of FLIR E Series infrared cameras.
Prerequisites: No prior knowledge of thermography is required.
Availability: This course is an on-demand self paced web based training course available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can begin as soon as you enroll.
Click here to go the course registration page.
This course teaches you how to use the features of the E Series cameras, but doesn't teach you thermography; when to use the features, how to make measurements, and how to interpret the thermal patterns on the screen.
We highly recommend you take a thermography course after finishing this basics course. We offer the On-Demand Thermography Basics class here, or Level I, or Residential Energy Auditing available at http://www.infraredtraining.com/ .
Lesson 1 – The Basics
- Turn the camera on and off
- Focus the camera
- Change color palettes
- Freeze and save an image
- Delete images
- Change from automatic to manual operation
- How to thermally tune your image
- Add a measurement tool
- How to adjust tools properties
- Understand about target spot size limitations
- How to operate the zoom feature
- Set object parameters
- Set up a difference calculation
- Using the isotherm or alarm features
- Change camera settings including simultaneous visual-thermal save
- Use Image Fusion modes including picture in picture and thermal fusion
- Annotate your image with text and voice comments
- In camera report generation and editing
- Open an image and return to a live display
- Use the laser pointer
- Enable Bluetooth and use MeterLink
- Video record a live scene
- Use the iPad App