Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
This course will introduce you to the operation of the FLIR ONE and FLIR ONE Pro infrared camera. This course is a self paced on-demand web course, you can start as soon as you enroll and you can stop and continue where you left off at any time. There is NO CHARGE for this course.
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
This groundbreaking survey provides you with the answers. The results of this survey should prove invaluable to you for both pricing and marketing your services.
We will be updating this information with a new survey to be conducted later this year. The results will be published as part of the InfraMation 2018 Conference Proceedings which all attendees receive.
If you want to be included in the survey, make sure that you opt in to "ITC email" on the Online Training registration page or your profile (for current online learners). Participants will be able to purchase the published report at a 50% discount.
Link to the Report Page
Friday, January 26, 2018
More and more organizations are installing IR windows or sight glasses in their electrical equipment so inspections can be made with an infrared camera.
The advantages are obvious: worker safety is improved as thermographers and electricians don't have to open live electrical cabinets, and inspection times can be reduced.
However, what lens choice is the best to use with your infrared camera to provide adequate resolution, and yet see as much of the electrical equipment as possible?
Here are three images that were taken at a power plant looking at an ISO phase buss. The buss is only about a foot away and is taken looking through an infrared window (crystal type).
As you can plainly see, the 90° lens is clearly the way to go. It provides enough detail for analysis, yet extends your field of view by a huge amount.
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
The results show that when people are fully focused on a task, their breathing rate changes as the autonomic nervous system takes over. There may also be a diversion of blood flow from the face to the cerebral cortex as the mental demand increases, although this is the subject of further research.
Read the entire article
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Here’s a video with Tom O’toole of FLIR Systems and Flemming Lund, a certified Energy Auditor & Home Inspector, talking about the tools used in the various phases involved in a home energy audit.
Thursday, January 4, 2018
"Has anyone documented Cost Avoidance Or Potential energy savings using Thermography. Ex. Downtime, Labor, Materials. I would be interested in understanding how you determined final cost or energy savings."
This is the $64,000 question, how to justify the cost and benefits of an IR program. The methods used vary depending on your situation, what downtime costs in your facility, overtime and rush ordering to get new parts, lost production cost, your energy cost, etc.
I have selected several white papers that illustrate how different organizations have calculated their costs. Use them as examples of what can be done, and how they are presented.
Use this link to download the files.
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
Hilton Austin has been chosen as the InfraMation 2018 host hotel. Hilton Austin is situated right in downtown Austin, TX, just a quick walk from exclusive shopping, amazing restaurants, and a multitude of live music venues on 6th Street and the surrounding area. InfraMation attendees receive a deeply discounted rate of $199/night plus taxes. Based on availability, this incredible rate can be extended 3 days post or prior if you'd like to stay a bit longer!
Submit your abstract through this simple online form.
Benefits & Requirements - Why should you present at InfraMation 2018?
- Qualify for a deeply discounted conference registration fee
- Identify yourself as an infrared thermal imaging expert in your field
- Earn valuable certification renewal credit
- Further validate your expertise for clients and customers
- Expand your professional and business referral network
- Represent your organization on a big stage
Suggested Topic Areas
- Roofing Systems
- Water Ingress / Moisture / Remediation / Mold Testing
- Insulation / Air Leakage / Energy Loss
- Standards & Certification
- Pest Detection and Control
- Condition Monitoring
- Electrical Distribution - Indoor, Outdoor, Transmission, Distribution
- Mechanical Applications - Bearings, Gearboxes, Conveyors, Steam,
- Standards &amp;amp; Certification
- Petrochemical Applications
- Program Management / Cost Avoidance / Cost Saving
- Research & Science Applications
- Medical/Veterinary Applications
- Optical Gas Imaging Applications
- IR Report Preparation Techniques
- Aerial Drone and UAV Applications / Techniques
- Public Safety
- Non-Destructive Testing - Material flaws, voids, etc.
- Alternative / other Applications / Other Technologies
Infrared Training Center